Download the Sign Up Form as PDF.
Download the Sign Up Form as Word Doc.
Download the Teachers Information Leaflet
Information for Teachers
dot-art Schools was launched in 2012 and since then over 6700 children have taken part from almost 400 schools.
We have held exhibitions at the Domino Gallery, the Walker Art Gallery, St George Hall and the Liverpool School
of Art and Design and each year, three children from each participating school have been presented with a
certificate by the Lord Mayor of Liverpool. This wonderful prize giving ceremony, attended by families and staff,
which for the Liverpool programme now takes place in the LJMU Art School, is where the overall winners and
runner up are also announced. In response to feedback from schools, in September 2016 we changed the primary
age group from Year 6 to Year 5.
In September 2016, thanks to our new partnership with LJMU, dot-art Schools also launched in
Over 20 primary and secondary schools in Cheshire West & Chester, Cheshire East and Warrington
took part in the competition each year from 2017 to 2019.
In February 2018, dot-art Schools became an
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools and education settings, awarded by Arts Council England,
recognising their commitment to high quality arts and cultural education. dot-art Schools is proud to be
supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and young people to
create, experience, and participate in great arts and culture.
Find out more about Artsmark at artsmark.org.uk
and how we can support you on our Artsmark page
or call Carolyn on 0345 0176660.
Please download the document below for more details about how the programme works and the benefits it can
Key Facts 2018-19:
Feedback from schools:
- 63 schools participated.
- 1065 student art works displayed online.
- 5270 votes cast.
- 23000 unique visitors to the website.
- 63 student art works were showcased to the public in Liverpool School of Art and Design.
- 400 students, their families and teachers celebrated at prize giving ceremonies held in the Johnson Foundation auditorium at Liverpool School of Art & Design
- 480 visitors to the exhibition at Liverpool School of Art & Design
- 100000+ people viewed the exhibition hoarding on Castle Street, Liverpool city centre.
- "We have just looked at the art work on the website, the work looks amazing. We are so happy with
the quality of all of the schools submissions. You have done a great job!"
- "I have just looked at our page and I am very impressed with the whole project"
- "What a fantastic event!"
- "It has been a long time since we have had something of this calibre in the city to promote and
celebrate the work of our young artists"
Feedback from exhibition visitors:
- "What a fantastic level of skill from such talented young people"
- "What talented youth we have in Liverpool, so impressed with all the artwork presented"
- "A lovely exhibition with some excellent work on display, hope it encourages many of the exhibitors
to become artists of the future"
- "I didn't realise the work was all by people under 15! Rather inspiring"